I appreciate Edward Tufte's Ideas Books and his ideas on a presentations. Here is one person who reviewed what he learned from one of his seminars.
- Begin with a document – Paper has the highest resolution of any current medium
- Every meeting should begin with a study hall – don’t make a big deal about it. Give attendees your document at the beginning of the meeting and ask them to read it. No one reads material passed out before a meeting. Use meeting time for the content.
- Don’t touch every point in the document. Annotate.
- Take questions. Take notes on the questions. Directly answer the questions.
- Example: take a document with your symptoms and questions in to your doctor."